Sadly no pictures, but its the recipes here that matters, right?
Makes about 4 burgers
- 1 package of ground turkey (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/2 small package of chopped, frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 small package of goat cheese (I believe they come between 5 and 6 oz.) *Don't use the spreadable kind, it doesn't hold up to the heat of cooking
- 1 handful of fresh herbs, washed and chopped (I use basil, sage and oregano because that's what I grew this summer)
- 1 T Canadian Steak Seasoning (Sometimes called Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- Whole wheat buns
- Green leaf lettuce
Mix all ingredients together (minus the cheese, buns and lettuce obvi) in a large bowl and patty up into round burgers. Smash burgers flat and scoop one spoonful of cheese into middle of burger. Fold the rest of the meat around the cheese into a ball. Place burgers on greased baking sheet and smash down a bit into a flattened burger shape (watch out to not let cheese seep out).
Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. If cooking on the stove top, I would just saute them in a small amount of olive oil at medium heat.
Top with your favorite condiments (I recommend a small amount of Lite Mayo) and the lettuce.