Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kristin's Infamous Goat Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Infamous, you ask? Well, Meredith loves em! I figure if my recipe travels more than 100 miles that it must be infamous...

Sadly no pictures, but its the recipes here that matters, right?

Ingredients:
Makes about 4 burgers
  • 1 package of ground turkey (about 1.5 lbs)
  • 1/2 small package of chopped, frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 1 small package of goat cheese (I believe they come between 5 and 6 oz.) *Don't use the spreadable kind, it doesn't hold up to the heat of cooking
  • 1 handful of fresh herbs, washed and chopped (I use basil, sage and oregano because that's what I grew this summer)
  • 1 T Canadian Steak Seasoning (Sometimes called Montreal Steak Seasoning)
  • Whole wheat buns
  • Green leaf lettuce
I cook mine in the oven, but these would also work on the grill or even sauteed in a pan on the stovetop. If baking, preheat oven to 400F.

Mix all ingredients together (minus the cheese, buns and lettuce obvi) in a large bowl and patty up into round burgers. Smash burgers flat and scoop one spoonful of cheese into middle of burger. Fold the rest of the meat around the cheese into a ball. Place burgers on greased baking sheet and smash down a bit into a flattened burger shape (watch out to not let cheese seep out).

Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. If cooking on the stove top, I would just saute them in a small amount of olive oil at medium heat.

Top with your favorite condiments (I recommend a small amount of Lite Mayo) and the lettuce.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

rachaelgking said...

These sound great. I've been wanting to make burgers-with-cheese-in-the-middle for a while! I want to make those Top O burgers- the cajun crusted with gorgonzola in the middle! (Gotta make everything spicy if I want B to LOVE it...)

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Yeah that would be good too, let me know if you end up making these. I made these this past weekend and just doubled them since there were four of us, perfect with boys who like more than one!

I do think that I may have added red pepper flakes to these too, I add that to everything!

Anonymous said...

totally infamous...but i def take some credit in the invention! ;)

i add a bit of dale's sauce to them and they are soooo yummy. im so glad you make them! xoxoM

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

What's Dales Sauce?? Do tell!

Anonymous said...

basically soy sauce but some other mystery seasoning too...find it with the marinates. its the s-h-i-t. best thing on a steak.