Thursday, March 13, 2008

Banana Crumb Muffins

So I posted the recipe for these banana crumb muffins two days ago and I promised to update you on how they turned out yesterday. Well, I have been doing so great at cooking lately I must say I was a little disappointed in the outward appearance of my muffins. The crumb topping did not cooperate (I think I used to much butter--also I used Smart Balance Light which they say is not good for baking). But even though it wasn't as crumbly and yummy as I would have liked on top...the muffins still turned out really, really tasty. I might have had three of them yesterday...but they were small so it's ok! :)

Here is the first stage of mixing with the banana mixture:
I cut the recipe in half (Matt and I definitely don't need 12 muffins), if you might be wondering why that looks so tiny, but I also used more bananas. The whole recipe called for 3 bananas, but I cut it in half and still used two. I think if I were to make them again I would add even more bananas.




Here is the flour mixture:
I was a little worried about using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, but I actually think that the whole wheat gave the muffins a really nutty flavor. If I make them again I will definitely use whole wheat.





Here is how they looked when they came out of the oven...and the sad crumb topping had melted all over the pan. But then I managed to salvage the appearance...and they were yummy!!

No comments: