Friday, March 7, 2008

Zucchini, Mushroom and Garlic Chicken Rotini

I made this last night, and it was amazing...I don't have any pictures, but now that I am writing this blog I will try and remember to immortalize my work in pictures before we scarf it all down...

I got the idea for this from www.RachaelRay.com, she posted a pasta recipe with basil and gorgonzola cheese. I have never been much of a gorgonzola fan but I think that the tart flavor actually made this dish.

Serves 2...with leftovers.

Ingredients:
  • two boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • oregano (enough to sprinkle on the chicken)
  • basil (same)
  • 1/2 jar of Bertolli Roasted Garlic spaghetti sauce (or whatever sauce you like, this one is yummy)
  • 1/2 box of Barilla Plus Rotini
  • About 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese crumbles
  • Olive oil (to season chicken, and to sautee veggies in)
  • 1/2 cup button mushrooms chopped (4 ways)
  • 1 zucchini chopped
  • salt and pepper

Boil and salt water for pasta. Cook until al dente. In a pan heat a few turns of olive oil. Sautee zucchini and mushrooms until tender. Pour in spaghetti sauce and heat through.

Season both sides of chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper, basil and oregano. Cook on George Foreman (or you could sautee if you don't have a Foreman) until cooked through.

In a bowl, mix together pasta, sauce and veggie mixture and cheese. Serve on a plate with the chicken. Enjoy!

(I also think that adding some sliced black olives to the veggies would be good, or some capers...but that is optional).

No comments: