Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easy Cauliflower Soup



I saw a similar recipe for this somewhere, on some food blog but now I can't remember where I saw it...But anyways, I made this last night because I had a head of cauliflower that I needed to cook up and it was super simple, quick, and pretty tasty! I couldn't remember the original recipe so I made do with what I thought would taste good.

Isn't that what real cooks do? Make things up? I hope so cause this one worked out really well for me!

Easy Cauliflower Soup
  • One head of cauliflower, washed, separated and diced
  • 1 turn of olive oil around pot
  • 1/2 tsp of jarred garlic
  • Two low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
  • About 3-4 cups of water (eyeball it, the water should just be covering the chopped cauliflower in the pot)
  • A dash of coriander
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
Start by putting the olive oil into a hot cook pot, let it warm and then add the onion. Let the onion cook up a bit and then add the garlic and coriander. Once the onion is clear add in the cauliflower. Cover and let simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally to mix everything together. Add the water and the bouillon and salt and pepper, cover and let cook on medium high until the cauliflower is tender stirring occasionally to make sure the bouillon mixes together with everything.

Add 1/2 of mixture to food processor (be careful, its hot!) and pulse until blended. Add remainder of mixture and pulse until blended.

Serve!
Makes about 2-3 big bowls of soup.

No comments: